PMI® Tampa Bay Chapter
PMP Prep Course – (92% Pass Rate!)
Click here to view the PMP Prep Curriculum
Preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam
- 4 Saturday Review Course (Instructor Led) - September 21 and 28; October 5 and 12 (8:00am to 6:30pm)
- Course based on PMBOK 5th Edition - Participants are encouraged to review this edition prior to the first session
NOTE: the PMP Exam will change over to the PMBOK 5th edition effective July 31, 2013.
Seminar Objective and Benefits
The review seminar's objective is to assist the candidate in preparing for the certification exam. The review is not designed to teach applied project management. The exam covers the knowledge areas defined in the PMI® Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), Fifth Edition available online as a membership benefit. PMI® members can download the PMBOK® Guide free; nonmembers may purchase the PMBOK® at the PMI® Bookstore.
This low cost seminar, when compared to most other commercially offered review courses, is a major benefit to our members and other practitioners of project management. The seminar is structured to provide the participant with an evenly paced review presentation of materials over a four-week period rather than concentrated in 4 consecutive days. The candidate will be provided with a suggested study program that aligns with the paced material presentation. By intently following the program, participants will complete the study time to achieve the confidence necessary for taking the exam.
This review seminar also provides 35 Contact Hours of Project Management Education eligibility criteria for taking the PMP® Certification Examination.
The seminar is configured as a series of review sessions for the PMI® exam and it is not an introductory course in project management nor can this seminar be applied toward earning PDUs for certified Project Management Professionals. Prior to attending this seminar, candidates should have the experience in project management necessary for their qualification to take the PMP® Certification Examination.
Note: Although this seminar is designed to prepare an individual to take the PMP® Certification Examination, neither PMI® nor the PMI® Tampa Bay Chapter, Inc. guarantees or implies that completion of this seminar will ensure that a participant will pass the PMP® Certification Examination.
Will be provided to students at the 1st Saturday review class.
PMP® Exam Success Series: Certification Study System (Fifth Edition) -
- Bootcamp Manual with 200 question Web-based exam simulation application
- Web-based exam simulation application with over 3000 questions
- Discovering the PMBOK® Guide Audio Download (also available in MP3 format)
- Terminology Audio Download (also available in MP3 format)
- Mindmaps, Processes and Swimlanes placemats (11" X 17" double-sided and laminated)
- PMP Exam Review Web-based Flashcard application
- PMP Flipnotes
- Two Quick Reference Guide documents for Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide
- One Acronym Quick Reference Guide document for Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide
- A durable Carry Case.
The PMP® Exam Success Series:
Exam Simulation CD-ROM is one of the most detailed PMP® exam products on the market. Quizzes are available by knowledge area or by process group. For added initiative, the exam allows you to randomize your questions and answers to keep every test unfamiliar and applicable.
- Contains over 3,500 test questions
- Offers three different test modes (learning, simulation, and flash cards)
- Tests for Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing
- Tests for all knowledge areas including professional and social responsibility
- Tests for Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs (ITTOs)
- Provides eight complete 200 question tests, simulating the real exam
- Laminated, double-sided and color-coded study wall posters
- Three quick-reference study mats
- 436 flash cards
- Highlighter, pen, and calculator
Optional Reading Materials
Participants may purchase optional reading materials that are not in the seminar fee. Please allow for delivery time when ordering. Participants are to read the PMI® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK® Guide, Fourth Ed. before attending the seminar. PMI® members receive a free copy as the initial membership package. The PMBOK® can be ordered through the PMI® online bookstore. As a membership privilege PMI® members may download The PMBOK® Guide free from the Members Only section of the PMI® home page
Cost & Registration
$700 PMI members (Project Mgt Certification Study Pack) -
The PMI member discount will only apply at the time of enrollment via online registration and not subsequent to that action
PMI chapter members must log onto the website to get the member discount when registering.
$850 non-members (Project Mgt Certification Study Pack)
$250 Returning Students (must have purchased Crosswind Project Management materials in a previous course)
Examination Fee Structure
PMI® member exam application fee is $405.00 & non-member fee is $555.00.
PMI Membership is not required in order to take the seminar. However, PMI® members receive substantial discounts on the examination application fee and reading materials. PMI® membership starts at $129 annually (additional fees may apply).
Non PMI Members
There are considerable benefits to joining and non-members are encouraged to join PMI® and the PMI® Tampa Bay Chapter, Inc. The cost savings for the Prep Course and the exam is $150.00 for members who also receive considerable discounts, up to 30%, on purchases from the PMI® Bookstore. Other benefits include networking and professional development in the Project Management profession. Call the PMI® Customer Care line (610)356-4600 (Option 8 on phone menu) or Fax PMI® (610) 356-4647.
501 Brooker Creek Dr
Oldsmar FL 34677
Directions: From the intersection of Hillsborough Rd (Tampa Rd in Pinellas) and Racetrack Rd turn right and go north on Racetrack Rd 2 stoplights to Forest Creek/Linebaugh Ave. Turn left on Forest Creek Blvd. Turn left at first light, Brooker Creek. Nielsen is on the left, parking is across the street.